Anna Real Estate
Welcome to Anna, Texas
Anna is located on State Highway 5, Farm Road 455, and U.S Highway 75 eleven miles northeast of McKinney in north central Collin County. Although Collin McKinney settled within a few miles of the future townsite in 1846, John L. Greer, who arrived in 1867, is credited with building the first home and store in the new community.
The Houston and Texas Central Railway, at that time built between Dallas and Denison, passed through the area in 1873. By the time Anna was platted in 1883, it had a population of twenty, two stores, a steam gristmill, and a Baptist church. A post office also opened in that year. By 1890 the town had a population of 100 to 200. Anna was incorporated in 1913, with John L. Greer as first mayor.
Slayter Creek Park is located west of Anna Middle School at 425 West Rosamond Parkway and includes a variety of recreational amenities including: four lighted ball fields, two tennis courts, two basketball goals, two large multi-purpose athletic fields, a 3,600 foot walking trail, a skateboard park, a playground, horseshoe pits, a shuffleboard court, a splash pad, disc golf course, a large pavilion, gazebo, and a concession building with restrooms. Major funding to construct the park was provided by the City of Anna, a grant from the State of Texas, and donations from the Anna Community Development Corporation.
Anna ISD serves the rapidly growing town of Anna, Texas, in northern Collin County. We are a 4A district, with enrollment at more than 3,600 students and climbing every year. Anna ISD is devoted to accommodating this growth by building new schools, expanding its facilities and continuing to hire quality teachers and staff.